This position DOES NOT require an active secret clearance for each candidate. An active security clearance is a nice to have, but NOT required.
Receive daily task, install copper and fiber to the desk top ports, trouble shoot outages.
• Installing, rearranging, and maintaining inside wiring infrastructure to include all
• Level of wire and fiber.
• Performing necessary work to connect, disconnect, reconnect, test, repair and maintain customer provided voice and data equipment.
• Performing diagnostic tests.
• Interpreting service orders.
• Keeping detailed written record of all work activity and changes.
• Evaluate customer communication needs.
• Climbing and working aloft.
• Moving and lifting items such as ladders, tools, test equipment and cable reels.
• Performing light digging.
• Keep customer fully informed of all work activity and especially any planned outage of customers system.
• Performing temporary rearrangements of Central Office frame during unattended • hours.
• Identifying and meeting individual customer requirements on provisioning and/or repair contacts.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license.
• Must follow established safety practices and guidelines.
• Must be familiar with all NEC Grounding practices.
• Must understand requirement of EIA/TIA 568 A & B.
Competencies: to perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Strong communication skills, planning and organizing ability, problem analysis, problem solving, Some examples are below:
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
• Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
• Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
• Professionalism - Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
• Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to additional work hours when necessary to reach goals.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Have a thorough understanding of structured cable systems, associated termination equipment, test equipment, industry testing standards and industry approved test procedures.
• Understand fiber optic splicing techniques and be able to attach connectors to fiber optic cable and splice inside and outside fiber cables.
• Be able to perform test procedures on fiber and copper cable, analyze test results, and certify results to industry standards.
• Be technically competent to problem-solve cable systems not meeting industry standard test results and provide remediation recommendations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The majority of work is light to medium and may require routinely lifting or moving up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The selected candidate must be able to perform the duties of a rigorous work schedule which includes lifting, loading, and unloading, and pass a physical examination and drug screen certifying this ability
7:00 am – 3:30pm
May require to work some overtime and or weekends
Majority of work will indoor however may require some outdoor work