Fiber Optic Lab Testing Assistant
Hours: 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week (first shift)
Monday - Friday - No overtime. If there should ever be a need for OT, it needs to be pre-approved
• Assist in performing set up and performance verification of fiber optic testing system
• Configure product samples for environmental and mechanical testing
• Perform optical measurements using manual or automated test systems
• Program and operate environmental chambers and test equipment
• Setup/perform and track/report progress of testing as directed
• Document test results from optical fiber component testing as per documented procedures
• Conduct basic data analysis
• Draft test reports in the proper format and filed accordingly
• Assist in conducting failure mode analysis
• Perform basic troubleshooting/problem solving
• Maintain a safe, clean and organized work area
• Familiarity with computer applications such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Ability to complete assignments accurately and at a pre-defined schedule
• Detail oriented
• Interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team
• Written/verbal communication skills
• Hands-on technical skills using test and measuring equipment
• Highly motivated and work as a “self starter”
• Willingness to learn
• High School diploma minimum
• Previous experience in electronics and/or fiber optics is a plus
• Experience in a laboratory environment is highly desirable
• Candidates must have good eye sight.
• Must have ability to handle very small, delicate parts.
• Will work using microscope via monitor.
• Must be a quick learner and have confidence in their ability.
PPE will be determined during the training process.
Manager Must Haves:
• Must have experience working hands-on with fiber.
• Preferably fiber experience in a lab setting, but candidates with field experience can be considered. Please note that experience with copper is not applicable.
• Must have excellent dexterity and ability to handle delicate glass fiber.
• Must be able to follow laboratory procedures