Job Title:Manufacturing Cyber Security Engineer
40hrs/week, and occasional off hour support when manager approved
Hiring Manager is open to local and remote candidates.
Candidates local to NY will work out of the client building when not traveling. Candidates not local to the NY area will work remote when not traveling.
• Up to 25% domestic/international
Employer of Record and Candidate must be willing/able to accommodate the required travel for this position. Locations will include domestic and international. International locations include multiple locations within Asia, Europe, and Mexico
• Serve as a technical leader to provide guidance to project teams in the areas of firewall implementation and effective firewall policy creation
• Ensure OT cyber security solutions and policies are implemented in alignment with Client’s Manufacturing Cyber Security Framework
• Engage with stakeholders within MTE, IT, business units, and managed service providers to deliver guidance and direction related to the client Framework
• Perform OT Cyber Security audits
• Domain expertise in advanced security and networking concepts
• Detailed understanding of the Cyber Kill Chain Process
• Domain expertise in firewall management, firewall rule writing, and network routing and switching e.g. Palo Alto, CheckPoint, Juniper
• Knowledge of industrial control system protocols such as OSI PI, OPC, Modbus TCP, MSMQ
• Authentication technologies such as PKI, multi-factor authentication, and Network Authentication Control
• 3-5 years hands-on experience as a firewall subject matter expert including
1. Implementing Firewalls in a HA enterprise network.
2. Creating and managing firewall policies in a HA enterprise network
• Experience in a large, multi-site firewall deployments
• Experience integrating network security environments with enterprise directories and other management tools
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Industry certification such as GIAC, CISSP
• Hands-on experience with IT security technologies in a manufacturing environment
• Experience writing advanced firewall policies including layer 7 application awareness and/or user authentication
• Excellent communication skills to articulate the risks associated with technology and policy decisions to technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Self-motivated problem solver who strives to meet the objectives of the function and the project
• Capable of working in a fast-paced, highly collaborative team environment
• Excellent team player who takes initiative and ownership of assigned items to see them through completion
• Be a quick learner and adapt to the changing security landscape