This person shall carry out various tasks within the system engineering group including supporting an existing database, importing of data into the database and creating analysis tools that run on that database for technical and non-technical users. Will also be responsible for generating defined analysis and automated PDF reports.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage Linux server to keep it up to date.
- Create scripts to import new data.
- Automate existing analyses to produced canned reports.
- Fill out security compliance documents for IT to confirm conformity of our web platform.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, relevant experience.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience developing with OOPL.
- General familiarity with databases, data analysis, and AWS.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills required.
- Must be able to travel and work with external partners and 3rd party contractors (travel less than 10% of the time if local to Lawrenceville, NJ).
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Strong Proficiency in Ruby programming language.
- 3+ years developing Ruby on Rails.
- 3+ years using MySQL.
- Map application development and integration using the Google Maps JS API.
- jQuery, Bootstrap, or another JS library and framework.
- Bundler, Git, Capistrano, Webpacker.
- Database design, optimization, and administration.
- Experience managing large sets of data.
- User interface design.
- Efficient with Linux command line, shell scripting.
- Familiar with AWS environment.
- Familiar with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).