Business Unit Liaison:
• Identify significant and unusual accounting and reporting issues within the business units and propose solutions to the Business Unit Controller.
• Keep business unit accounting and reporting processes current to meet ongoing and new initiatives.
• Review all new products and requests for new G/L accounts.
• Keep the Business Unit Controller advised of emerging risks and other issues that may have accounting and reporting consequences.
• Work closely with front, middle, and back office to share information and identify issues.
• Review business requirements for new or modified systems which have accounting or financial reporting impacts.
Ad hoc projects:
• Work on projects as they arise, including process improvement / optimization efforts.
Period-End Close and Financial Reporting:
• Develop and oversee team responsible for preparing J GAAP and US GAAP reports.
• Monitor significant / unusual transactions on a periodic basis and assess reporting impact.
• Prepare and / or coordinate receipt of data as part of the request for information process.
• Work to improve reporting processes by enhancing automation
• Advise business unit management and staff on accounting and reporting matters.
• Keep business unit management advised of significant accounting and reporting issues.
Monthly and quarterly accounting close and reporting.