Purpose of Position:
Assist in the administration and user support of global CAD deployment including integration of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM).
• Assist/coach users as they utilize the CAD software to create/modify objects.
• Assist users in the management of changes –answer questions and provide support to users for PR, CR, CN, Variances, Promotions in PLM application.
• Support CAD Admin by running license reports, creating help content, and implementing CAD solutions.
Travel and location of work: No travel required.
Required Education & Experience:
• Associates degree in Mechanical Design
• Minimum 3 years experience in Engineering and Manufacturing environment with full understanding of key product data (CAD models, drawings, BOMs, etc.).
• Minimum 2 years experience using Product Lifecycle Management system. Prefer PTC Windchill PLM (PDMLink, ProjectLink).
• Minimum 2 years of experience in Product Development or Equipment/Tool design role.
Desired Skill and Experience Requirements:
• Project management skills and experience in requirements gathering, development, test and transition to production.
• Experience working with and managing CAD systems. Prefer Creo, SolidWorks and AutoCAD.
• IT Help Desk experience – diagnose and solve user reported system problems
• Software testing experience – Prepare test plans, conduct test, report results, and work with team to resolve issues.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Computer application training experience – prepare training material and conduct user training in person or via web-conference.
• Flexibility to work with multiple cultures and time zones and with users at all levels in the division (executives to factory operators).
• High initiative, self-motivation and ability to work in multi-national, matrix organization
• Bilingual is a plus (English plus Spanish, German, Portuguese, Polish, Chinese, Turkish)