Position Description: Proposals and Contracts Analyst
Division: Sales Operations
Reports to: Manager, Transaction Team
# of positions: 2
The Proposals & Contracts Analyst supports Global/Regional Account Managers, Sales Management, and the Professional Services department in the pricing of our products and services, the development of formal proposals, and the drafting of amendments to statements of work. The Proposals & Contracts Analyst is an expert in the pricing methodology behind client’s products and services, and interface with numerous departments within company as well as with our customers to share that pricing expertise
• Develop amendments to statements of work using Apttus (quoting and contracting application within Salesforce) and/or pricing methodology as required.
• Train and coach pricing methodology to personnel within company and for customers as appropriate.
• Facilitate required approvals by appropriate management for pricing adjustments, and amendment to statement of work delivery.
• Interface with Legal department staff to expedite legal review and approval of amendments to statements of work as required.
• Develop and maintain customer specific guidelines for unique customer pricing and/or statement of work/amendment to statement of work formats.
• Facilitate regular updates and maintenance to contractual templates as required.
• Assist in contractual data analysis.
• Assist with ad hoc projects and projects as required.
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
• Bachelors Degree, or equivalent relevant experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Solid analytical and negotiation skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Self-motivating, able to assume responsibility and work autonomously in a professional manner
Your Preferred Competencies:
• 4+ years of Contract management experience within CROs or other application software providers
• Bachelors Degree in the Life Sciences, Business, Finance or Computer Science
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills including Visual Basic for Applications, macros and advanced security techniques
Your Education & Experience:
• Bachelor's degree required; or equivalent years of experience
• Requires a minimum of 2 years of experience in life sciences industry and/or medical/clinical operations.