Electrical Controls Technician II
Location: Wilmington, NC
Candidates must live within 2 states of North Carolina to be considered. Include the CITY/STATE/ZIP CODE on the resume for each candidate. Resumes without this information may be rejected automatically without being reviewed.
• Provide electrical equipment designs, schematics, and layouts which meet Client's Machine Drafting Standards on CAD based formats. (AutoCAD® 2017, AutoCAD Electrical 2017)
• Provide sketches or redline existing drawings as needed and follow-up with drafting services or oversee draftsmen to resolve design issues.
• Specify vendors and maintain a close liaison to procure and expedite materials.
• Perform troubleshooting, process start-up, design, and documentation of Mechanical and Electrical Systems for new or modified production equipment.
• Analyze and correct equipment installation practices to improve efficiencies, specifically directed toward enhancing installation schedules.
• Interpret and modify existing documentation to complete drawing packages, installation checklists, machine part lists, illustrations, and machine specs of production equipment.
• Provide third-level troubleshooting support, directing contract engineering techs and trades to replace defective components and execute changes in design and solve equipment/process issues.
• Oversee and provide direction to outside contract trades during all aspects of equipment installation and conversion such as demolition, construction, installation, testing, and debug of production equipment.
• Strong practical hands-on electrical aptitude (All positions require time on the floor working on equipment.)
• Electro-mechanical troubleshooting, proficient with pneumatic and electrical schematics
• Motion control knowledge: servo, stepper, DC, AC drives
• Process variable understanding: flow, temperature, rate, pressure, level.
• Thorough understanding of current loops.
• Serial communication knowledge: RS232 / 485, Ethernet, IEEE-488
• Machine control knowledge and understands classical control theory
• Basic mechanical aptitude.
• Travel is a possibility - Future projects may be in other NC locations.
• Electrical Engineering/Technology Degree (Associates minimum)
• 5-10 years’ experience in engineering/manufacturing setting
• Certifications preferred
Equipment or software experience preferred:
AutoCAD® 2017, AutoCAD Electrical 2017, Windows7, MS Office (Power Point, Excel, Word) PLC and PC based systems, Beckhoff PLC / Motion Control, B-R Control, Automated equipment systems
• Ability to work well with varied job requirements.
• Ability to work well in a team environment.
• Presentation skills highly desirable.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities in an organized manner.
• Results oriented.