** Operations Planning and Business Analyst **
Support the initiatives of a manufacturing business unit through production planning and financial analysis activities.
Provide financially sound insight and guidance to operations leadership to help drive improvement performance.
• Prepare spending and inventory forecasts.
• Coordinate the annual budgeting process.
• Analyze and explain variance between actual and budgeted/forecasted activity; recommend and direct management’s attention to corrective action.
• Support the business unit's quality objectives.
• Establish and maintain a sound internal control environment.
• Establish and maintain Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
• Perform other financial analyses. (NA Malvern)
• Identify and execute cost reduction activities.
• Lead all inventory planning activities (e.g., planning model ownership, PO issuance, liaison with A/P, etc.).
• Act as primary interface with and negotiate with suppliers on all relevant matters (e.g., returned goods, contract administration, dispute resolution, etc.). (NA Malvern)
• Ensure integrity regarding inventory controls (e.g., receiving/inspection, cycle count accuracy).
• Develop proactive reporting tools that enable informed decisions.
• Present data/information to various levels within Global Operations from non-exempt up through cell leadership.
• Post/process international sales orders in the ERP system.
• Coordinate sequence and release of back orders according to stock availability.
• Provide feedback and suggestions to improve service levels, internal processes and customer support methodology
• Support selling divisions by providing answers to questions generated by telephone and or e-mails.
• Support and participate in cycle counting process.
• Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain. Prefer APICs certification, not CPA
• Prefer background in planning and/or forecasting
• 2 - 5 years manufacturing/operational Accounting experience. .
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint, Access, & large ERP platforms (Oracle/SAP).
• Demonstrated verbal and written communication, customer service, analytical and presentation skills.
• Demonstrated time management, organizational and detail oriented skills.
• Demonstrated influence skills. Must be able to diplomatically persuade others and effectively drive continuous improvement/change.
• Demonstrated risk and financial modeling skills.
• Ability to interpret and utilize key financial data.
• Demonstrated quantitative and analytical abilities.
• Ability to clearly communicate financial concepts, both orally and written, to a broad spectrum of internal users.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
• Demonstrated ability to work in and be challenged by a team-based environment which places a high degree of emphasis on accountability for quality/GMP compliance, customer service levels, inventory management and cost reduction.
• Demonstrated negotiation and influence skills.