- Location: Washington, D.C.
Under general supervision, this position provides multiple levels of maintenance, technical support and repair to the broadcast operations facility. Supports a combination of on-site and off-site facilities, remote broadcasts, digital transmission paths and RF systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoots and repairs daily routine and emergency problems with broadcast equipment as they relate to transmission levels, signal losses, off-air interference and equipment failures.
- Installs broadcast systems and equipment according to specifications and standards.
- Performs regularly schedule preventive technical maintenance in broadcast studios.
- There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this job.
- Associate's degree or higher in electronics, broadcast technology or related course of study or equivalent, relevant experience.
- At least 1-3 years of experience maintaining and installing broadcast equipment or other multimedia computer based systems.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities.
- Must be able to work all shifts required in a 24/7 operation in a high-pressure environment.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Experience with the following:
- Digital and IP-based routing, playout and recording systems,
- Broadcast audio digital consoles and related studio equipment,
- PC and MAC based broadcast and production workstations,
- Satellite receivers,
- IP and ISDN broadcast codecs,
- Telecom and networking equipment,
- RF based transmission equipment,
- Familiarity with signal flow within in broadcast facility.