Hours of work/work schedule: 1st shift, 3/4 days a week, 12 hours 5am to 5pm (some weekends required)
Is this a Department of Defense (DOD) position that requires a US citizen? YES
Is this assignment working on an International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) project? YES
PPE required - safety glasses and steel toed shoes (provided by company).
Scope of position:
Plan, design and fabricate fixtures, complex tooling and general grinding to assist and support various production departments. Plan layout work and sequence of operations utilizing hand tools, precision measuring tools and perform set-ups on wire EDM to create complex cutting tools, customer install and removal tools.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Plan, program, set up and EDM complex cutting tools, small production, fixtures, gages and jigs without assistance and minimal supervision to improve quality and efficiency to support various production areas.
• Read and interpret complex blueprints, drawings and sketches.
• Utilize various precision measuring instruments and techniques to measure work pieces.
• Provide and adapt various complex cutting tooling and fixtures to complete machining assignments for various production and support areas.
• Program, set up and run customer tools as required for low volume production run items.
• Set up and operate manual O.D. grinders and surface grinders.
• Record labor hours and assignments on log.
• Maintain equipment; clean and lubricated.
• Diagnose, troubleshoot and problem solve or revise the original designs of complex and intricate types of jigs, fixtures and machines and tooling problems as required.
• Communicate and interface with various departments on ideas, and process improvements.
• Maintain safety and quality standards using acceptable housekeeping practices on equipment and work area.
The above description covers the most significant duties performed but does not exclude other occasional work assignments not mentioned.
Required Education: 4 year Technical College or University Education or equivalent work experience (education is preferred, but the job experience is most important)
Required Years of Experience: 3-5 years
Manager Must Haves:
1. Set up, operate and program CNC wire EDM machine
2. 3-5 years experience
1. Sodick wire EDM experience
2. CNC tool and cutter grinder experience
3. Esprit programming experience.
4. Set up and operate manual O.D. and surface grinders.
5. Braze carbide to steel tool blanks.
6. Edit programs and machine offsets to manufacture custom cutting tools, production parts and various other types of tooling to obtain desired results.
7. Able to work from complex drawings, hand drawn sketches and verbal instructions
8. Must be a team player that can interact with all levels of associates