Project Manager, Facilities Engineering
Project is anticipated to be 1-2 years
Will the candidate be required to work at an international location? YES - China
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
• Basic work hours are dependent on the particular assignment. Individuals need to work the hours required to complete the assignment. Work hours can vary from 40 to 60 hours per week depending on the needs of the project
Scope of Position:
• Manage the development and implementation of facility and capital projects involving departmental and/or cross-functional teams focused on the construction of new or existing productions facilities.
• Provide project management for key manufacturing capital projects. Overall responsibility for the ensuring the project’s compliance with safety, scope schedule, cost, and other project specific deliverables such as those associated with product quality, equipment and process capability, machine and line rates, equipment uptime, etc.
• Direct supervision of project team resources, approximately 10 – 15 members. Provides guidance to subordinates to achieve goals in accordance with established policies.
• Establish requirements with customer.
• Assist in the evaluation and verify justification for project.
• Identifies and drives key decisions for such things as scope, design, schedule, spending, vendor selection, etc.
• Establish roles, responsibilities and competencies required for the project.
• Establish project team working with division management.
• Manage the performance of team members and outside resources to meet the project requirements.
• Establish project plans (scopes, schedule, cost estimates, procurement/contracting strategy, project acceptance criteria, etc.).
• Work with business in the preparation and approval of Appropriation Requests.
• Conduct project meetings and document key issues, action items and decisions.
• For key projects, establish and coordinate activities of a steering committee for the project.
• Provide periodic project updates to customer and division management.
• Manage the project to meet the requirements.
• Implement safety program to ensure that LTAs and Recordable Incidence rate = or ? Corporate targets.
• Conduct a project critique at completion and share key learning’s with others unassociated with the project.
• Provide recognition to direct reports and project team members.
• Able to travel extensively including overseas. Assignment could involve long term domestic or international assignments.
• Project is anticipated to be 1-2 years - Majority of time will be spent in China, with scheduled home leave. - Company will assist with sponsoring work permits.
• BS Mechanical, Electrical or Civil Engineering
Required Years and Area of Experience:
• 10 years overall experience and 5 years in Project management
• Professional Engineering registration or PMI certification
• Project Management Skills – conviction, understanding and application
o Scope development and acceptance criteria
o Establish and manage a budget.
o Spending control
o Change control
o Planning, organizing and executing the plan
o Schedule management
• Strong Leadership
o Team coalescence, guiding, directing and accountability
o Runs effective team meetings – agenda, action items, controls time, etc.
o Effective interaction with internal and external customers
o Problem Solving and Decision Making
• Conflict resolution and problem solving
• Relationship Building
• Demonstrates respect for the perspective of others.
• Effective and timely decision making – uses data, listens to others, establishes the criteria and then drives/leads the organization
• Ability to adapt and effectively lead a team through to changing circumstances
• Ability to prioritize multiple requirements
• PC Software:
o MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Auto Cad, and PowerPoint
o Knowledge of MS project
• Procurement Process
• Bidder qualification and selection process.
• Request for quotation process.
• Knowledge of contract terms and conditions.
• Negotiation skills
• Project Safety
• Awareness of OSHA requirements.
• Experienced with and a proponent of K-T (DA, PPA, RA).
• Communication – able to effectively communicate within different levels in the internal company's organization and with external engineering and construction companies.
• Matrix Management– ability to effectively work with matrix team that from a number of internal and external organizations. Able to influence and achieve project requirements. Interface with team member’s management.
• Self-confidence- Has strong belief in own abilities, takes personal responsibility and project positive self-image.
• Commitment- Possesses strong work ethic and interest in doing what is necessary to get the task done.
• Persistence - Maintains optimistic, “can do” attitude.
• Flexibility- Has ability to change and adjust smoothly as the situation demands. Effectively manage the project through changing conditions and requirements.
• Honesty/Integrity- Keeps promises and is open, ethical, and trustworthy
• Provide coaching to team members when required (this is not intended to replace the responsibility of the person’s home organization management to provide qualified people and to be in touch with their progress).
• Provide timely, constructive feedback to team members.
• Establish and communicate individual roles, responsibilities and expectations for team members to include travel guidelines for the project