Job Title: Manufacturing Systems Software Developer
Location: Winston Salem, NC
Scope of Position:
This is an individual position that requires strong technical curiosity across many technologies. As part of a global team, this position provides integrated manufacturing solutions to Company’s businesses to deliver best in class components to our customers.
Will the candidate be required to work at an international location?: Yes - No travel intially. After several months, potential travel to Asia and west coast US (2-3 weeks for installations, 6-8 weeks home)
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Work closely with experienced professionals and a variety of cross functional groups (manufacturing, development, engineering, IT) to define, develop and implement supervisory software capable of communicating and integrating with standard manufacturing systems.
• Work with an experienced software engineering team to deliver IMS solutions using both custom developed software applications and configured products.
• Provide technical leadership and expertise to design, develop, and deploy supervisory software solutions to global manufacturing facilities.
• Participate in all phases of projects including design, off-line integration and testing, installation, production start-up support, training of plant personnel, and technology transfer.
• Provide troubleshooting support for equipment and process issues during equipment installation and start-up phases, identify root cause and implement corrective actions.
• Transfer technology from early stage development to a product ready for installation in a manufacturing environment.
• Participate in development of functional requirements and detailed design for IMS solutions through client interviews and documentation for interfaces between various other systems.
• 0-30% travel domestic and international
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
• 40+ hours/week
• BS in Computer Science or Engineering (or related field)
Required Years and Area of Experience:
• 3-5 years’ work experience in systems development and/or software development.
• Working knowledge and experience in C#, or VB.Net software development
• Working knowledge and experience in java and groovy
• Experience developing software systems for a manufacturing environment is preferred.
• Ability to communicate effectively with customers and employees at different levels of the organization.
• Capable of handling multiple problems concurrently, prioritizing appropriately and working in a multi-disciplinary team.
• Ability to work in technical project teams in leadership and team member roles
• General computer and networking knowledge
• Working knowledge of SCAD platforms and development (iFix, Wonderware, znt PAC)
• Working knowledge of OPC communication and automation integration
• Working knowledge of Camstar and Manufacturing Execution Systems
• Experience with Microsoft Windows Communication Foundation (MSMQ, Web Services, etc.).
• Experience in data acquisition system interfacing either through direct API calls, SCPI protocols, or other communication protocols
• Experience in the use of Source Code Control systems
• Experience working within a team of developers on a single source code project
• Demonstrated project management experience
• Ability to work without close supervision
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural team
• Ability to work closely with internal customers around the world to meet customer requirements
• Ability to work individually and on teams to execute projects on time, on budget, and with expected results
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong initiative
• Accountable for actions/behaviors