Work Schedule: 40 -50hrs per week - periodic evening or morning conference calls, Work duration based on Project schedule
Responsible for Precision HVAC Equipment installation supervision within the Glass Melting and Forming Process, ranging from final design approval to implementation, including fabrication and check-out at vendors, and follow-up to ensure that all quality, cost and safety requirements are met. Work includes support for plant expansions, along with continuous improvement projects and technology changes at equipment rebuilds/repairs.
Projects involved with: Display Technologies Process Environmental Design Process
Role within group:
• HVAC Mechanical System Design
• Project Coordination
• Project Management
• Individual Contributor on specific task or projects
Travel Requirements: Approximately 80% travel, mainly in Asia. (8 weeks on site – 2 weeks home leave)
Locations: Guangzhou, China Wuhan, China 8 weeks on sit 2 weeks home leave
• Participates on project teams as an individual contributor or as a project task leader understanding the customer’s requirements, developing project plans and schedule, developing scopes of work and cost estimates and supporting implementation for advanced manufacturing environments with precision HVAC equipment.
• Receive direction or guidance from a senior department member(s) to develop/strengthen process environmental engineering competencies.
• Responsible for interfacing with project managers, supervisor, process personnel, along with dept SME to insure correct technology is being scoped and installed.
• Enclosure design work using accepted good airflow management design principles and HVAC principles
• Review as needed troubleshooting and problem solving exercises for enclosure systems
• Migrate standard enclosure design specifications, qualification documents, and installation practices
• Manage external suppliers of enclosure related equipment in Asia, for detailed technical design or installation work as required.
• Support and provide ownership of enclosures as a process tool
• Lead/Participate in existing facility modification as well as new facility design to ensure design meets the goals of the process requirements.
• Maintain documentation integrity for all systems of responsibility
• Provide the project or task with sound innovative thinking, problem solving skills and customer focus.
• working with vendors on fabrication of equipment, and compliance with department standards and policies.