Product Engineer - Data Centers
• Position will be in Reynosa, Mexico facility, 100%
There will be daily travel from McAllen into Reynosa, Mexico.
There is a shuttle for the travel and any cost associated with border crossing and travel will be covered and/or billable to client.
Schedule: Typical schedule will be 1st shift, 8-5, but flexible as this person will not be tied to a production line, but rather in the engineering office areas in the Reynosa Manufacturing facilities.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
• Functions as a technical resource and design owner of assigned product lines. Responsible for ensuring fit/form/function of existing and new products.
• Responsible to participate on teams to resolve performance and customer related issues; propose or implement product enhancements, opportunities for standardizations, and cost reductions.
• Supports project execution between development and plant manufacturing as an impartial 3rd party with the expertise to balance risks between business demands and product assurance.
1. Clarify, understand, and document customer requirements, product specifications and product application
• Function as owners and change approvers of product design documentation on released products
• Participate in early stage rapid adaptations and new product development teams to ensure customer requirements and critical design parameters are translated into clear and measureable product specifications and performance requirements
2. Ensure Fit, Form, Function through appropriate qualification test plans, design control and change approval while balancing speed to market and profitability
• Reviewing and approving (or rejecting) proposed changes (permanent or temporary) with the potential to affect fit, form, or function of released product designs.
• Define product qualification test plans required to obtain approval to release product adaptations and new products into manufacturing
• Reviewing and approving (or rejecting) qualification test reports for product adaptations and new products prior to releasing to manufacturing
• Reviewing and approving conditional product releases (CPR), First Unit Verification (FUV) and Initial Batch Production (IBP) samples
3. Quickly and effectively respond to customer and commercial requests for rapid product changes
• Reviewing and approving (or rejecting) proposed changes to product configuration matrices for new and released products
• Review validity of requests for small modifications (Alternate Configuration of Standard Products, Non Standard Special Requests) to released products
• Actively partner with Product Development (FAST) on rapid adaptations of released products
4. Drive technically rigorous root cause analysis for product integrity issues
• Assemble and lead technical teams to understand the fundamental cause of product design or performance failures on released products
• Document and communicate risks, impact and resolution proposals
• Utilize advanced root cause analysis methodologies (Manufacturing Engineering Excellence (MEE), Kepner-Tregoe Analysis (KT), etc.) to drive a technical team towards identification of failure modes.
5. Support and validate cost reduction opportunities through product lifecycle
• Understand and review product cost structures globally and identify opportunities for cost reduction through alternate materials, vendors, or standardization
• Participate as team members on divisional cost reduction programs
• Lead the qualification of product material and component changes in support of cost reductions
6. Evolve product performance to meet competitive pressure and industry trends
• Monitor and analyze the capability of critical to quality (CTQ) product attributes that impact FFF of released products
• Utilize knowledge of CTQ capability to respond to customer and commercial requests for specification changes or improvements
• Leveraging information from Technology and Product Line Management, identify and respond to industry trends and changes impacting released products
7. Standardize product specifications, materials, and components
• Maintain a multi-year product roadmap that prioritizes and sequences product standardization opportunities ensuring regional and global perspective
• Participate in early stage rapid adaptations and new product development teams to identify opportunities for product, specification, material, and component standardization
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / technical area
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in development or manufacturing engineering
• Position will be in Reynosa, Mexico facility, 100%
• Organization, time management, and planning skills, with ability to handle changing priorities
• Project management experience to drive small projects independently
• Proficient use of English language, able to clearly present technical concepts, written and verbally
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Familiar with a product life cycle management system similar to Windchill
• Capable of performing data analysis using MS excel (SPC), or Minitab software
• Product troubleshooting, repair or failure mode analysis
• Cost estimating or analysis
• Ability to converse technically in Spanish
• Must be a self-starter, able to work in team environment and motivate others
• Strong interpersonal and influencing skills to be able to build relationships and participate in diverse teams within cross-functional groups and international locations