The Business Intelligence Developer must have a firm grasp of industry standard Business Intelligence implementation methodologies, in-depth experience with the Microsoft BI Stack (SSIS, SSRS and SSAS), as well as PowerBI (Development + Administration+ Gateway). The following skills are required to succeed in this role:
- Proven prior experience in multidimensional data modelling concepts, design, development, and support using Microsoft BI stack (SQL Server, SSAS, SSRS, SSIS, Power BI, and TFS) is REQUIRED
- In-depth knowledge of building complex multidimensional/tabular cubes and querying same using MDX/DAX (Microsoft SSAS) and fine tuning the performance of SSAS cubes (tabular or multidimensional)
- Prior experience with PowerBI (Development + Administration+ Gateway) is REQUIRED
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS in EDS, Redshift, AWS API gateway) is a PLUS
- Experience using Oracle data sources/targets is REQUIRED
Analysis and Communication Skills:
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications to design and deliver optimum solutions for business needs.
- Strong communication skills and a strong self-starter attitude.
- Strong business analyst skills, able to work with many different stakeholders to elicit and document requirements.
- Strong estimation skills and strong track record of accurate estimations for BI solutions.
- Analytical thinker; Strong problem solving ability
- Team player; Ability to multi task
- Data gathering, research and analytical abilities so as to develop insightful conclusions and generate solutions to address user needs
- BA/BS degree in computer science, information technology, engineering or related field
- 3+ years of experience in architecting, designing, developing, supporting, and implementing BI solutions
- Excellent understanding of developer and support processes including SDLC, project management, change management, and architecture process.
- Knowledge of ITIL is desired