Required Education, Years and Area of Experience:
- BS in Optical Science / Engineering, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or Mechatronics.
- 3+ years of work experience in measurement engineering, process engineering, development or related area.
- MS or PhD in Optics Sciences, Metrology or similar would be considered as a substitute for years of experience.
- Problem solving skills, able to define hypothesis and problem statements.
- Experience with Measurement Uncertainty Analysis, Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility (GR&R), and/or Measurement System Analysis (MSA).
- FMEA, PFMEA or Causal tree analysis applications and use of SPC, comparative methods and DOE.
- General computer, networking, database, and data systems knowledge.
- Strong initiative and self-motivated.
- Strong project management skills to manage multiple projects and tasks in parallel.
- Work effectively in technical project teams in both leadership and team member roles.
- Application of Lean methodologies and DMAIC tools.
- Comfortable generating and delivering updates to leadership on a routine basis.
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills.
- Prefer bilingual candidates with Spanish & English
- Scientific curiosity and an inventive spirit.
- Demonstrated application of measurement science in the fields of fiber optics, surface profiling interferometry, microcospy, optical refractometry and/or other optical or physical measurement disciplines.
- Working knowledge of the integration of measurement systems into a global information technology and data systems architecture.
- Understanding of manufacturing principals and experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Working and demonstrated applied knowledge of fiber optic cable assembly measurement equipment related but not limited to: optical attenuation, reflectometry, surface profile interferometery, and video microscopy (end-face inspection).
- Experience with computer-based measurement or automation equipment, design, setup, and support.
- Experience with the manufacture of fiber optic components, including manufacturing and measurement processes.
- Machine Vision system development for manufacturing inspection applications (optics, lighting, cameras, image acquisition, and basic knowledge of image processing algorithms).
- Experience using CAD software for generation of mechanical assemblies and drawings, optical and electrical schematics, and general design layouts.
- Demonstrated use of advance software for modeling and/or statistical analysis (e.g. MatLab and ZMax).
- General SQL knowledge.
- Basic knowledge and application of computer programming language (Labview &/or Visual NET).
- Basic knowledge in PLC programming.
- Instrument cycle time study experience.
Prefer candidates have experience in optical fiber metrology.
Prefer bilingual candidates: Spanish & English
Will the candidate be required to work at an international location? Yes, Mexico