MANAGER’S JOB TITLE: Journeyman Moldmaker
Work Schedule: M-F 8am to 5pm. Possibility of overtime, especially when travelling.
Work location with be in Reynosa, MX. Shuttle will travel from McAllen, TX daily to and from the plant at set hours. No overnight stays in MX.
Scope of Position: Support Company's Mold Development Engineering with release of new molds, and development of new injection mold components and fixtures. This includes mold tooling analysis during production and new tooling or fixture release.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Tool Maker ability to build new and repair components
• Tool Maker ability to PM mold / dies
• Tool Maker ability to diagnose tooling issues and suggest solutions
• Use of Mastercam to program CNC mills / lathes
• Support tool shop operations through close tolerance machining operations (i.e. high speed, CNC, EDM’s, grinding, lathes, mills)
• Reduce set up time and machining time through process improvements
• Inspection of close tolerance mold steel components
• High speed machine electrodes for tight tolerance components
• Design fixtures and components and high speed machine final product
• Improve efficiency, reduce costs, 5S, visual factory and departmental / plant goals and objectives
• Understanding of common tool shop metals, cutters, hardness
The above description covers the most significant duties performed but does not exclude other occasional work assignments not mentioned.
Required Education / Experience:
• Minimum High School/General Education Diploma or equivalent work experience
• Preferred two year associate degree in Tooling Technology, drafting or Equivalent
• Preferred advanced trades mathematics preferred
• Proficient with Mastercam with 5 plus yrs. experience ( version X8 and up)
• 5 plus yrs. in tool shop experience (i.e. high speed, CNC, EDM’s, grinding, lathes, mills)
• Independently program, setup, operate and troubleshoot CNC mills and other shop equipment
• 3-5 years knowledge of injection mold tooling through mold building, repair and design
• Experience with Microsoft office software (word, excel)
• Mechanical Aptitude, strong attention to detail
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and work independently
• Good oral and written communication skills through e-mails, reports, and meetings
• Maintains a safe work environment by adhering to safety procedures and regulations
• Fluent in both spoken and written English; Spanish is a PLUS
• Ability to maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; follow manufacturer's instructions; troubleshoot malfunctions; or call for repairs.
• Ability to plan machining activities by reviewing work orders, drawing specifications, and materials.
• Documents and communicates actions, issues, and continuing needs
• SolidWorks or Pro-E experience / training
• Experience understanding and troubleshooting common defects of injection molding
• Project management skills / classes
• Strong personal and collaborative working skills
• Standing/walking on your feet for approximately 6-7 hours per day
• Must be able to lift 40 pounds and stand or sit for extended periods of time
• Up to 25% travel may be required to regional and/or international locations for training or project work.
• Working with chemical substances, oils, odors, none disagreeable
• Will require use of PPE, such as ear protection, safety shoes, safety glasses, etc.