MANAGER’S JOB TITLE: Master Molder - Molding Process Engineer
Work Schedule: M-F 8am to 5pm. Possibility of overtime, especially when travelling.
Work location with be in Reynosa, MX. Shuttle will travel from McAllen, TX daily to and from the plant at set hours. No overnight stays in MX.
Future travel could include travel to Asia.
Fluent in both spoken and written English; Spanish is a PLUS
Scope of Position
• Provide technical support for injection molding process development and improvement across the division
• Lead or support new equipment-based technology introductions and transfers
• Drive equipment standards development and implementation plans
• Lead or support the implementation of strategic electronic manufacturing support systems
• Drive standardization of best molding process-related practices across the division for injection molding operations
Major Roles and Responsibilities
• Provide process optimization and control on new and released product, focusing on top divisional improvement projects. Support through change management systems.
• Support or lead introduction and transfer projects.
• Define equipment requirements and standards across sites and develop plans for implementation to standard, including leading and executing equipment life cycle management plans.
• Work closely with Mold Development to ensure tooling solutions meet asset life requirements, meet or exceed cycle time targets, and minimize material usage.
• Ensure process capability is documented and maintained for long term production performance.
• Develop and provide periodic training courses for Product Engineering and Process Manufacturing Engineering on resins, machine processing, and mold development.
• Provide DFM part analysis for new product introduction as it relates to equipment capabilities and material selection.
Projects involved with:
• Performance Excellence Projects
• New Technology and Product Introductions or Transfers
• Top divisional capacity, cost or capability improvement projects
• Research support for new technologies
• Urgent process-related issues impacting product quality, cost, or delivery
• Fundamental understanding (MEE)Projects
• Manufacturing systems improvement and standardization
• Ability to analyze multiple variables in a molding process to determine what is causing a particular defect, then developing and performing the correct tests to confirm the root cause prior to implementing process changes.
• Determine manufacturability of plastic component concepts from Product Development Engineering (PDE) prior to acceptance for tooling. Provide rigorous DFM guidance to PDE for part function, ease of tooling, lowest cost solution, ease of manufacturability, and tool longevity
• 5+ years knowledge of injection mold tooling and comprehensive understanding of engineering resins
• 3+ years of plastic product and assembly design
• Master Molder Certification
• Mold set-up and processing capability
• Fundamental knowledge of injection mold tooling
• Thorough understanding of injection mold processing parameters and applications (cause and effect)
• Thorough knowledge of secondary assembly and decorating processes
• Knowledge of tool steels and metallurgical properties
• Ability to troubleshoot with advanced problem solving tools
• Strong project management capability
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to lead or participate in cross-functional teams
• Ability to travel (domestic and international)
• Ability to utilize all MS Office applications
• 3D CAD software - Preferred PRO E and/or Solid Works
• Fluent in both spoken and written English; Spanish is a PLUS
• Mold flow technology
• Familiarity with automation processes
• Ability to operate machine tools