Job Title: Automation Equipment Technician
11 PM - 7 AM M-F (weekend and OT as needed 40-60 hrs/week)
Scope of Position:
To provide both preventative maintenance and repair for manufacturing equipment used in the Connector Automation department.
Please note: the hiring manager confirmed there is a strong possiblity the assignment will be extended past the current 6 month timeframe
This position includes significant duties such as:
• Troubleshooting of electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic processes of both automation and manual equipment in order to support production needs.
• Determining the quantities and capabilities of materials needed and the cost for the repairs, upgrades, and modifications of the equipment.
• Performing basic operation processes for all equipment used in production.
• Using drawings sketches, specs, charts and tables to locate machinery, determine requirements, machine moving requirements, identify spare and repair parts, determine preventative maintenance schedules, determine machine capabilities and optimize them.
• Assisting Mfg. Engineering with the layout of equipment and installation of necessary utilities.
• Prioritizing preventative maintenance and repair on all mfg. equipment.
• Identifying issues and reacting appropriately, including bringing long-term downtime or urgent quality issues to the Supervisor and Engineer’s attention.
• Using computers to communicate with software PLC’s and other programs needed to troubleshoot or operate equipment to the proper industrial standards.
• Working independently or as a team member to perform minor equipment improvement projects to reduce downtime, improve quality and overall reduce costs for the operation of the equipment.
• Maintaining inventory counts for spare parts
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Current enrollment or Technical degree is a plus
• 5+years of experience in a manufacturing environment with proven skills in mechanical and/or electrical troubleshooting
• Able to work in a team environment
• Able to successfully complete special projects with little or no supervision
• Able to communicate in English both written and verbal
Manager Must Haves:
- Experience with inventory systems
- Background with Blue printing and drawing
- Background with instrumentation installs