Responsible for installation and upgrade of DB2 Databases; Administering procedures for backup/recovery, disaster recovery, performance analysis and database tuning. Determine and resolve problems in support of production DB2 databases. Solve complex problems; identify innovative solutions. Work independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations.
· Experience in installation and upgrades of DB2/UDB databases on LUW.
· Experience supporting Production Systems.
· Experience with HADR and PowerHA.
· Experience with DSM and Vormetric.
· Unix, AIX, Linux, and Windows OS background.
· Skilled in Unix/Linux Shell Scripting
· Experience in Database Performance Tuning and complex SQL statements.
· 7+ years of DB2 Database Administration experience.
· Bachelors degree or equivalent relevant experience.