- Demonstrated incident management experience in a large-scale, multi-platform environment, supporting 24x7 operations.
- Progressive troubleshooting expertise and the ability to ask probing questions and understand the appropriateness of the answer, as well as its applicability to the situation at hand.
- Dealing with 24x7x365 operating environments where the service restoration is always the top priority in a professional manner with many different cultural and organizational relationships.
- Leadership of diverse teams including technologists, analysts, and facilitators with the common language of English but many different primary languages.
- Broad technology understanding across Distributed Systems and Networks
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize in a stressful environment; results-oriented
- Proven analytical, problem solving, coaching, documentation, and leadership skills
Required Education and Experience:
- Prefer a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or equivalent work experience. Minimum of a 2 yr degree is required.
- Five plus years, at least three at middle to senior engineer level, working in a diverse, global information technology environment with both enterprise and site based components.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
1. Exceptionally strong analytical and problem-solving skills
2. Strong written and verbal communication skills
3. Excellent interpersonal skills, effective team player
4. Excellent decision-making skills
5. Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented
6. Knowledge of ITIL Foundation
7. Ability to work independently and as part of a team
8. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
PREFERRED ADDITIONAL SKILLS
1. Diagnostics and Analysis
a. Log Analysis / Regular Expressions
b. Packet Capture/Analysis
c. OSI Model
2. IT Infrastructure
a. TCP/IP Networking
1. Experience with cross-functional team leadership
2. Proven IT system support and troubleshooting ability
3. Broad knowledge of IT subject areas such as network, compute, storage, applications, and cloud services