Education: MS Computer Science or EE
Years of relevant experience: 10+ Years of software development and architecture
Requirements and General Skills:
(list required knowledge, skills and abilities, as well as physical requirements, shift work/on-call hours, travel and working conditions)
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
(list required computer and technical skills and equipment/software used)
- Experience in backend technologies Java (Jersey, Maven) required. Java 8 Preferred
- Experience in frontend technologies HTML, Java Script library/framework required.
- Experience in continuous development/deployment, Teamcity, github, etc. essential.
- 5+ years of experience with REST or Web Services API development. Demonstrated competence in full life cycle management of REST or Web Service APIs including specification and system deployment. Familiarity with API authoring and frameworks tools preferred.
- Experience in big data technologies like SPARK, Hadoop. Experience with Search / Recommendation systems preferred.
- Experience in NoSql DBs like Cassandra and MongoDB
- Experience with Natural Language Processing (NLP) considered a strong plus
- Experience in traditional RDBMS including Stored Procedures and Replication Methodologies. MySQL/MSSQL development a plus.
- Experience in Scala development strong plus.
- Practical experience in cloud based infrastructures, e.g. Amazon Web Services. Experience with cloud management services, caching, scale-out and use of cloud APIs essential.
- Familiarity with Intelli-J IDE considered a plus.
- Experience with scripting language like Python desired
- Previous Broadcast experience considered a plus.