This is a temporary position with possibility of full time employment
First shift position with flexible start time (7:00 to 3:00) M-F.
Overtime is not expected, but candidates must be flexible to work overtime when required to meet deadlines and goals.
This position is for a CNC Machinist to machine and fabricate fixtures, complex tooling and general machining to support production of small assemblies.
Education: 2 year Technical College or University Education or equivalent experience level
• Experience: Minimum 3-5 years’ experience
Duties and experience desired include:
• Setup and operation of manual and CNC milling machines and lathes
• On machine programming for simple to medium complex parts
• Read and interpret complex blueprints, drawings and schematics.
• Utilize various precision measuring instruments and techniques to measure work pieces.
• Planning layout work and sequence of operations utilizing hand tools, precision measuring tools and perform set-ups on machine shop equipment and precision metal cutting equipment
• Provide and adapt various complex tooling and fixtures to complete machining assignments for various production and support areas.
• Assemble tool components as required by all production areas and machines and/or assemble low volume production run items.
• Diagnose, troubleshoot and problem solve or revise the original designs of complex and intricate types of jigs, fixtures and machines and tooling problems as required.
• Communicate and interface with various departments on ideas, proposals for design changes, and process improvements.
• Maintain safety and quality standards using acceptable house keeping practices on equipment and work area.
• Working Conditions: Average effort in lifting of materials and equipment. Good working conditions. Some exposure to elements of oils and grinding dust, none disagreeable.
Manager Must Haves:
• CNC mill and lathe operation experience
• On machine programming experience
• Jig and fixture work is a nice to have