Hours of Work/Schedule/Flex Time: Mon – Fri 8 hrs/day (Some OT/Weekend work will be required)
On-call support every 6-8 weeks
Purpose of the Position: Writes PLC software for automating and improving manufacturing equipment and processes. Provides first and second level troubleshooting of equipment/process issues in the department. Identifies and supports process improvements. Uses judgment, experience and initiative to resolve problems and make recommendations.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Writing PLC software for system integration of manufacturing equipment and processes
• Provide first and second level troubleshooting of equipment/process issues
• Receive training from engineering in technical SME (Subject Matter Expert) areas, on new processes/equipment and/or on procedural changes
• Serve as a SME in specific technical areas to minimize engineering production support requirements
• Develop/maintain a system to keep production teams current on process, equipment and procedures
• Work with support groups and production teams to coordinate and direct equipment start-up, repair, troubleshooting, and process changes
• Preventive Maintenance support
• Help department achieve safety and Lean goals
• Receive training in new processes/equipment and/or procedure changes from engineering
• Provide technical training for associates
Education & Experience: Minimum two year electrical degree preferred (Will consider experienced candidates with demonstrated skills).
No Degree - 10+ years of work experience.
2 year degree - 5+ years of work experience.
4 year degree - 3+ years of experience.
• Candidates must have PLC knowledge. PLC programming is required. Knowledge of Allen Bradley and Beckhoff PLC platforms preferred.
• Need electrical background and experience
• Experience troubleshooting electrical circuits.
• Good process and equipment troubleshooting skills
• Mechanically and Electrically inclined (aptitude for both)
• Ability to handle/prioritize multiple tasks as necessary
• Good written and verbal communication skills (detailed oriented)
• Ability to train effectively
• PC proficient (Excel, Word, SharePoint, Passdown)
• Willing to act as a motivator and role model for the shift
• Controlled response in emergency situations
• Good understanding of PLC
• Capable of using Diagnostic equipment
• Electrical test equipment