Working Hours: Monday - Friday; 6am - 2pm
OT: Case by Case basis
This posting is for a Development Technician within the Process Services and Process Development Tools group. Position involves, but is not limited to: developing new products for manufacturing, improvement projects, cost reduction, capacity increases, variability reduction and quality improvement. Technician role requires interaction with both Project personnel and other Process technicians, Engineers and Scientists to achieve objectives, data collection/mining, preliminary data analysis and experimental support in a Pilot line environment as well as in laboratories. This technician role will primarily focus on forming related projects within the manufacturing process, but can extend beyond into other areas.
• Shift coverage during experiments
• Sample preparation and processing of fired and green ceramic ware.
• Using Excel for preliminary data analysis
• Development and execution of experiments designed to drive at root cause or understanding of process issues.
• Mining plant systems for data and organizing data
• Develop a knowledge base for forming, dies, extrusion and related hardware technologies by working with area resources.
Required Education and Years of Experience:
• 2 year Associate of Applied Science Degree in a technical field strongly preferred
• 3+ years’ experience a technical, manufacturing, or lab setting
• Prior ceramic substrate/filter manufacturing experience
• Manufacturing plant experience - successful applicant needs to be able to interact with operators and key receivers.
• Knowledge of the current ceramic substrate/filter manufacturing process is a plus
• Previous extrusion or ceramic forming experience
• Ability to develop, monitor and execute designed experiments
• Ability to interact with all levels within the organization (good people skills)
• Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
• Team player
Manager Must Haves:
• Technically curious, self-motivated and be able to work with minimal supervision
• Strong organization skills
• Able to manage multiple priorities at once
• Strong logistical skills
• Some equipment / process aptitude with ability to troubleshoot and characterize key process drivers.
• Able to work with data, such as Excel spreadsheets, and communicate results from data.
• Able to give direction to others (leadership skills)
• Strong attention to detail
**Job is physical in nature. Must be able to lift without assist 35 lbs.