The Business Solutions Manager (BSM) will gather, analyze, specify, and validate the business needs of project stakeholders related to Company's Advanced Analytics initiatives. This includes partnering with the Business Stakeholders to obtain specifics around the detailed analytics asks from various marketing and customer care teams to ensure that accurate data architecture, solutions and analyses are being designed and delivered. The Business Solutions Manager will be responsible for communication of the analytical and problem-solving considerations that go into the development of these solutions, as part of ensuring that project deliverables are met according to specifications.
Duties and Responsibilities: (list most important and frequently performed first)
• Collaborate with Business Stakeholders, Project Managers, Management, and Project Sponsors to determine project scope and vision.
• Conduct iterative requirements sessions with the project team to gather business requirements via use cases, scenarios, workshops, and other methods.
• Identify and establish scope and level of detail for data used, metrics, and any transformations and/or aggregations that are to be incorporated any analytics deliverables.
• Champion data and analytics solutions while helping business stakeholders identify the benefits of being data driven and the value added to their organization.
• Analyze and verify requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standard.
• Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications – verbally or through well written documentation to stakeholders so that issues, solutions, and adjustments are understood clearly.
• Develop documentation necessary to capture the requirements, technology considerations, data elements, and proposed analytics approaches for each Advanced Analytics initiative being requested.
• Partner with the PMO to ensure project plans, resource plans, milestone/critical path plans, and communication touch points are in place and being managed to ensure ontime and on-budget delivery of IT commitments.
• Develop proof of concept analyses that demonstrate definitive value to a given business unit and their efficacy.
• Analyze and verify requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
• Establish and enforce proper change request management procedures for all projects to ensure proper scope control.
• Assist in the transition from development into testing and production as needed by providing Subject Matter Expertise (SMEs) for the analytic solutions provided.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this job
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Data Architecture/Science or related field required with at least 7 years relevant work experience.
Requirements and General Skills:
• Proven experience with business requirement analysis, functional and UI specification creation, verification, and methodology.
• Experience in Data Architecture, Analysis tools, BI Visualization Tools, Databases, ETL, etc. with strong understanding of the underlying data and respective data collection and processing methods.
• Ability to create systematic and consistent functional requirements and specifications documents in user-friendly formats that can be easily understood and consumed by Business as well as Technical Implementation teams.
• Able to exercise independent judgment and take action on it.
• Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
• Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
• Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
• Highly self motivated and directed.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
• Strong appreciation for customer service and marketing perspectives and initiatives.
• Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
• Working knowledge of traditional data storage and ETL methods as well as On-Prem Hadoop clusters, Cloud Environments, and integration of solutions into downstream systems.
• Proficiency with data querying tools such as SQL, java, R, Drill, Python, SAAS, etc.
• Strong understanding of data and data storage of various types (i.e. json, xml, sql, mongoDB, s3, Redshift, etc.) as well as processing and data movement technologies (i.e. Kafka, logstash, data pipelines, APIs, etc.)
• Analytic experience combining multiple data sources together using blending, joining, aggregation, mappings, alongside a deep appreciation for the challenges that exists in performing these functions.
• Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)