We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing with cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture; we encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. On our quest to strengthen our position as the premier technology company in the life sciences space, we are looking for highly skilled & committed professionals. Our mission? To put innovative technology and insightful data onto researchers’ hands to help them safely get new treatments to market faster and with lower risk and cost. We’re proud to say we are tackling real-world problems and making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere.
We have an opportunity for a Project Manager to join our team in SF developing key site management tools. As this is one of our key products, you will be used to managing software development in mid/ large teams.
In this role, you will manage internal software development projects in a regulated environment. The Project Manager will also work across the portfolio with Product Managers, functional stakeholders and management to ensure standardized processes are established across the software development lifecycle and release management to drive the development of high quality, high value software products within an Agile environment.
• Ensure standardized processes are established across software development lifecycle and release management.
• Develop and manage cross-portfolio view of project status including resource allocation.
• Take part in all portfolio/product timeline development to ensure coordination across all projects.
• Use, and develop when appropriate, metrics to measure performance across the software development and release cycle for all portfolios/projects and to report progress to management.
• Incorporate and develop methods which use metrics and historical data to continuously improve the planning process.
• Coordinate efforts of other Software Project Managers to ensure consistent, accurate and timely reporting of project status.
• Full accountability for the management of project timelines, scope and milestones for one or more projects. Manage the complete Software Development Lifecycle.
• Serve as the primary interface between Product Management, Research and Development, and IT on deliverables, timelines, priorities and issues regarding the project.
• Oversight of one or more vertical teams in the agile environment. Pro-active communication with all stakeholders.
• Oversee product releases of your assigned project(s) by coordinating Engineering, Software Quality Assurance, Technical Communications, Knowledge Management, Internal Compliance, Application Support, Delivery Services, Operations, Sales, Marketing, Reporting, and Technical Communicators.
• Anticipate risks to your assigned project(s) and across all portfolios/projects and communicate these risks/issues to management, and offer creative solutions.
• Responsible for deliverables including project plans, issues lists, status reports, and meeting agendas with action items.
• Participate in SCRUM kick-off and daily SCRUM meetings with R&D to review cross project progress including deliverables and action items.
• Responsible for the tracking documentation, including specifications, validation plans, installation/operational/performance qualifications, validation summaries, etc.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of core products.
Willing to train a Scrum Master or Jr. PM. Ideally looking for a candidate from software development start-up companies or junior PMs from local technology companies