- Perform precision machining using manual mills, grinders, lathes, and other equipment as provided. Make molds, jigs, fixtures, and tools for use in Client applications.
- Provide expert mold, fixture, and gage design and fabrication services to support business and team goals and objectives.
- Apply lessons learned thru historical, trial, or other means to improve tool life.
- Troubleshoot manufacturing equipment and processes with focus on long term and repeatable success.
- Implement lean manufacturing principles and concepts where applicable in the program development.
- Review the tool design drawings for practical tolerances, material and applications of components prior to machining of components.
- Troubleshoot manufacturing equipment available to the component's designed tolerances, identify potential concerns and review with personnel accordingly.
- Identify, select stock components and parts requiring purchasing for project processing
- Fabricate / Machine components according to print or drawing.
- Fabricate fixture components according to standard manufacturing processes and procedures, utilizing shop equipment as available.
- Assemble fixture components according to standard manufacturing processes and procedures, utilizing shop equipment as available.
- Integrate electrical circuitry from diagrams or other means for functional operation.
- Work directly with the customer to review and identify solutions to fixtures/equipment/conditions that hinder production.
- Utilizing provided samples, run-off of equipment for trial and demonstrative purposes.
- Conduct problem solving activities using a structured approach to identify root cause and implement solutions to address the root cause(s).
- Train and support the Facilities and Operations personnel in the set-up and proper operation of the fixtures, tools as intended.
- Proactively engage the Calibration team in the calibration of components required for the fixture release.
- Support the Facilities and plant operations with technical and Work Order follow-up to ensure proper documentation of all identified fixtures and assets within the facility.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 10+ years tool making/custom machining experience
- 5+ years of CNC programming
- Experience using and programming 5-axis machines
- Experience working in a highly regulated industry
- Understands requirements around validation of equipment
- Experience running and programming CMM inspection
- Has experience with equipment validation
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed