Consultant will provide daily systems (JIRA) support to users and manage special projects in regards to new JIRA project development, custom dashboards, queries, workflows and reports. The STS will work closely with the Technology organization and other departmental stakeholders to maintain system continuity, data integrity and drive to successful execution of JIRA Agile.
JIRA Support Responsibilities:
● Accountable for ongoing support to JIRA Software end-users, including appropriate issue escalation by
interfacing with Medidata’s Enterprise Support team as well as our hosting partner for JIRA.
● Responsible for supporting Project Administration, Agile Board Configuration and User Management.
● Create and manage complex JIRA workflows (including conditions/validators/post-functions) field
configurations, screen schemes, permission schemes and notification schemes.
● Build reports and dashboards using advanced JQL and eazyBI for JIRA.
● Create and modify custom fields in JIRA.
● Plan and execute major JIRA upgrades as needed (1-2 per year).
● Provide technical support and troubleshooting for integrations with Confluence, Zendesk, Aha!, Okta,
Slack, Tableau and other internal applications.
● Research Atlassian best practices in order to implement them for internal Medidata consumption
● Research & analyze JIRA Add-ons to determine best 3rd party solutions to support Technology
Education: Four-year college degree preferred
○ Expert level JIRA (on-premise) administration; Atlassian Certified Professional JIRA Admin
○ Excellent problem solving skills, process implementation skills.
○ Proficiency in the use of reporting tools, including eazyBI add-on for JIRA.
○ Proficient use of JIRA macros in Confluence.
○ Prior working experience within an agile software development environment preferred.
○ Prior experience in developing management metrics a plus.
Background in a Regulatory environment preferred.
Experience analyzing JIRA logs to diagnose and resolve issues a plus.
Excellent interpersonal & communication skills (verbal & written) with both technical & non-technical users.
Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), WebEx, and GoogleDocs a plus.
Self-motivated; researches solutions independently but knows when to ask for help.