Mechanical Design Technician
• Detail and document designs via models/drawings (INVENTOR) under direction of an engineer.
• Participate with other team members in generating and executing designs, project plans, estimates and schedules.
• Interact with internal and external suppliers to procure, deliver and implement hardware and equipment.
• Detailing of mechanical parts/assemblies in Inventor.
• Generate and help manage drawings used to build equipment.
• Specify and procure mechanical equipment from outside vendors.
• Interact with machine shops to manage quotation, procurement and build of components.
• Setup, testing and debug of electromechanical systems. Optimization of same.
• Participate in project design and objective setting activities.
• Develop plans & schedules for implementing project objectives.
• Schedule and coordinate plant & outside trades support as required for equipment installation.
• Help plan & coordinate as well as participate in equipment/process startup & debug.
• Develop written documentation for equipment and procedures developed to support the project objectives.
• Interact with plant Drafting and PIMS organizations to ensure compliance with documentation requirements and standards.
• Help plan and participate in the training of personnel and production associates receiving equipment & process deployed by the project.
• Good communicator, at ease sharing information
• Team oriented
• Flexible, able/willing to work in broad range of duties
• Self starter, requires minimal supervision
• Hands-on ability with equipment & tools of the trade
• Ability to multitask and work on multiple projects
• Mechanical part detailing experience required
• Autodesk INVENTOR preferred, 3-D CAD experience a must
• Windows Office Suite
• Mechanical Equipment - Design, procurement, Installation & Debug of manufacturing equipment
• Familiarity with pneumatic components/controls
• Experience with developing new equipment/processes
Minimum experience; 3 years in the field
Minimum Education: Associates Degree (Mech. Engr. Tech, Mech. Design, CADD)
This is more than a “mechanical drafter” kind of job. The person needs to be able to detailing work which means they are familiar with tolerancing, basic machining methods etc. Also need to be organized enough to manage parts procurement, assembly work, etc.