- Familiar with standard microbiology laboratory techniques and safety procedures. Knowledgeable in scientific concepts, measures, and terminology.
- Able to understand and apply specific laboratory protocols.
- Procures, labels, routes and tracks specimens.
- Performs routine laboratory functions including maintaining equipment, preparing lab materials and supporting experiments as needed. Accurately conduct specified tests, documents findings in a detailed manner and compiles data for reporting of results. Performs QA/QC duties as required. Prepares solutions and mixtures.
- Collect environmental monitoring samples and assist in general chemistry and microbiology lab operations
- Review sterilization records for release of product.
- Practice one or more of the following sterilization techniques: gamma irradiation, ethylene oxide, hydrogen peroxide gas plasma, moist heat, or dry heat. Review biocompatibility tests and interpret the associated industry guidelines. Work with operations and research groups to support continuous quality improvement initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in medical device or pharmaceutical microbiological or biological testing, research and development, or sterility assurance preferred.
- Application of the fundamentals of one of the following sterilization techniques: gamma irradiation, ethylene oxide, hydrogen peroxide gas plasma, moist heat, or dry heat.
- Demonstrated knowledge about a variety of microbiological concepts, practices, and procedures preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to use ISO, AAMI, USP, ANSI, EPA, EU and related guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to manage workload.
- Demonstrated communication skills across different organizational levels.
- Must be results oriented, a quick learner, team player and able to respond to the urgent needs of the team ensuring all deadlines are met.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed