Alibaba Group is looking for an energetic, eager and experienced researcher with a passion to enhance end-to-end experience for millions of Alibaba Group world-wide customers. This lead researcher will be responsible for driving research programs utilizing multiple qualitative and quantitative research methods to discover actionable insights for our designers, product managers, category managers, account managers, and marketing managers.
* Using appropriate user centered design methods, conduct research throughout the iterative design process
* Plan, design and conduct usability evaluations including heuristic evaluations, card sorts, competitive analyses, cognitive walkthroughs, usability lab studies, field studies, focus groups, surveys, quantitative / large sample online usability methods, etc.
* Analyze and interpret data, compile professional reports and present findings to cross functional teams
* Create personas, profiles, and usage scenarios based on research results
* Keep abreast of current usability developments and new methodologies
* Must be able to manage vendor relationships (e.g., recruiters, outsourcing research to outside firms)
* 5+ years of solid industry experience conducting all forms of informal and formal usability research methodologies
* Advanced degree in Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction, Industrial Engineering or other related discipline with a solid foundation in research-based design using both quantitative and qualitative methods
* Demonstrated leadership in enhancing end customer experience by providing actionable insights while working with other User Experience professionals, Marketing & Product Management.
* Solid, demonstrated experience conducting usability research for large scale websites or web-based applications
* Experience writing appropriate discussion guides, screeners, test protocols, etc.
* Must be able to work independently and drive towards deadlines
* Experience with online/remote usability tools
* Experience using recording tools and video editing skills
* Fluent in English; Chinese (Mandarin) will be highly desirable, but not required.
* Masters Degree or Equivalent