Job Title: Electrical Engineer
Typically - 8:00am - 5:00pm
Strong possiblity of more hours needed. Candidates should be willing to work 10 hour days and at times 50+ hours per week during certain points of the projects. Please make sure candidates are aware of the hours and are aware the position is exempt. There will not be additional billing allowed for 6th or 7th days worked in a week without prior approval from the manager. Please refer to the FLSA guidelines for more details.
Travel: Candidates should be based in Concord and willing to travel to other NC sites for projects. Primarily travel would be to Wilmington.
Candidate will have in-depth knowledge and complete understanding of electrical, controls and facility systems. Candidate to be a technical resource for the electrical, controls and facility team as it relates to design, installation and operational start-up activities. Candidate will be expected to manage construction and installation projects from start to completion; ensuring that the projects are completed in accordance with specifications.
• Electro-mechanical troubleshooting ability, proficient with electrical schematics
• Motion control knowledge: servo, stepper, DC, AC drives.
• Process variable understanding: flow, temperature, rate, pressure, level.
• Thorough understanding of current loops.
• Serial communication knowledge: RS232 / 485, Ethernet, IEEE-488
• Direct initial equipment set-up and debug up to the point of turnover to operations.
• Interface with all departments, as necessary, to ensure efficient use and operation of equipment.
• Redline existing drawings and follow-up with drafting services or oversee draftsmen as required to resolve design issues.
• Provide third-level troubleshooting support, directing contract engineers, techs, and trades as necessary to replace defective components and execute changes in design solve equipment/process issues
• Provide inputs on industry trends, innovations, and changes that may improve process equipment and facility operations
• Ensure updated documentation exists in assigned areas
• Flexibility to travel both domestically and internationally if required. Current position not required
• BS in Electrical Engineering - required
• Minimum 5 – 10 years experience in industry - required
• This position requires an individual capable of applying intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices to a broad area of assignments
• Previous consulting experience and professional license preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must be self-motivated, detail oriented, comfortable working in a dynamic team environment with minimal supervision
• Must have good oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate to all levels of management
• AutoCAD® 2014, AutoCAD Electrical 2014, Windows7, MS Office suite including Power Point, Excel, Word
• PLC and PC based systems, Beckhoff PLC / Motion Control, B-R Control, Automated equipment systems experience