Evaluate and implement efficient, cost effective design, testing, implementation and maintenance of efficient and secure databases. Work as a team member with systems analysts/programmers on scheduled releases as well as troubleshooting problems and may analyze existing system and performance to recommend more efficient solutions. Will provide production support (e.g. critical business days, after hours, on call, etc. when requested) between operations end users and the systems support team as well as support periodic application disaster recovery exercises. Will operate on diverse development platforms, computing environments (e.g., host based, distributed systems, client server), software, hardware, technologies and tools and will document and complete test cases to ensure system stability.
• Design, create, and maintain DB2 UDB database schema
• Maintain (Create, Alter, Drop, Reorg, Backup, Load & Migrate) Objects (Databases, Tablespaces, Tables, Views and Indexes)
• Ensure business continuity by performing maintenance, backup planning and recovery of table spaces and indexes, data reorganization and updating DB statistics.
• Load and restore Non-Production databases with production database for application testing
• Batch Performance issue debugging and resolution for resource unavailability, database deadlock, LPAR level and other environment issues
• Extensively worked with DB2 UDB Explain, Copy, Quiesce, Recovery, Runstats, Bind check, REORG and other ONLINE and Offline utilities.
• Create and maintain plans and packages.
• Grant and Revoke Authority using LDAP and Active Directory.
• Use triggers to populate an archive table on deletion of the original table row.
• Assist developers in database and application tuning for optimal performance, Audited application SQL code with DB2 Explain prior to production implementation.
• Used DB2 Admin utilities as well as other IBM DB2 UDB utilities to load, make image copies and other related DBA tasks.
Essential skills: Strong analytical & mathematical skills, written & spoken communication skills; stored procedure development in UDB; Linux Bash shell scripting, Autosys job management.
Nice to have: Prior use/knowledge of CyberFusion, BitBucket or Serena Dimensions, Jenkins, Perl scripting, Adobe Acrobat.
· Development DBA/Modeler/ETL Specialist with additional skills in federation, MQTs, Linux, Autosys, Cyberfusion, DevOps, Agile development