EHS Technician I
Normal work schedule is day shift, Monday - Friday 8 hours between 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM; However, requires supporting occasional activities that occur outside the normal weekday work hours including nights and weekends.
• Able to proactively identify, analyze workplace hazards and take the appropriate actions to manage risks to an acceptable level work under limited supervision.
• Ability to build effective workplace relationships, motivating employees, and supporting employee development in a productive manner.
• Communicating with, mentor and influence all levels of an organization.
• Intermediate level of knowledge using standard Microsoft desktop applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Outlook). Experience with SharePoint a plus.
• Fluent in English
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Adaptable and flexible
• Able to work in a team environment.
• Must be comfortable working on concrete manufacturing floor; walking and standing for a majority of the shift.
• Will be required to wear personal protective equipment that will include safety glasses, ear protection, safety shoes, and a lab coat.
Job Description Summary:
• Implements action plans, processes, and procedures to control EH&S risks and for achieving compliance to the Company safety and environmental policies, corporate EH&S guidelines, ISO 14001, and improvement initiatives.
• Conducts assessments that identify hazards and reduce risk including but not limited to hazard identification & risk assessments, pre-startup safety review, job safety analysis, PPE, machine guarding, and hazardous energy.
• Conducts training in all aspects of EH&S to ensure compliance with legal and Company requirements and in a manner that positively engages employee behaviors.
• Works collaborative to investigate incidents for root cause & develop/implement corrective/preventative actions.
• Coaches all levels of personnel on critical skills, behaviors and techniques that that builds and sustains a safety culture consistent with Company’s values.
• Supports industrial hygiene evaluations sufficient to identify hazards, risks, and trends.
• Responds to emergency events within the plant to mitigate/control the effects and begin to restore the situation to normal operations.
• Supports safety programs for contractors and construction projects.
• Works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations.
• Support other initiatives as assigned by the EHS Manager.
• Expected to devote at least 50% of time in operations interacting with the organization is completing assigned duties.
• Requires general supervision but works independently to solve most problems on basis of examining pertinent facts. Gathers information independently using established and well-defined procedures. Obtains supervisory input to resolve new types of problems.
Education: Associates Degree occupational health/safety, environmental health, engineering or the physical sciences preferred.
Experience: Must have prior experience working in Industrial or Mfg Environment. Experience with OSHA, Hazmat and/or Safety Programs a BIG PLUS;
Skills Required: Excellent computer skills – Excel, Word, Outlook