TECHNICAL FIELD SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Purpose of Position:
Technical Field Support; provide after the sale product training, new product introduction, in the field product support and the gathering of competitive information in the support of client's Gilbert products
The job is located in Texas. Candidate will be required to live in the state and be willing to cover any city not only in Texas but anywhere in the US and Canada. Texas will be the primary support region.
•Position may require up to 50% travel within the lower 48 states (mostly within the assigned support region).
•Some international travel may be required (typically Canada, Australia or Caribbean)
Hours of Work/ Work Schedule:
•Working hours will vary widely depending on the given assignment.
•Work week can vary in hours (0-65 hours) depending on support demands
•Work schedule is managed by the TFS Supervisor and will vary week to week depending on support demands received from Sales, Marketing, Project Services, Application Engineering and PLM.
•Hours are not guaranteed week to week, but typical hours for this position have been ranging from 24-30 hours/week.
•Willingness to travel outside of the Pacific NorthWest area will increase the opportunity for additional hours.
This will be a direct conversion, the hiring manager will convert before the worker starts on contract. This is a long term need with no anticipated end date.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Conduct training sessions on Hardline and Drop Coaxial connector products
• Provide technical assistance and troubleshooting as needed on Hardline and Drop Coaxial connector products
• Judge SCTE cable game competitions
• Assist with SCTE vendor shows
• All work will requires travel to customer site
• Regional to home location
• Travel schedule is flexible
• Weekend travel may be required
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
• Hours vary depending on customer requirements
• Typical hours/week, 20 – 30 on an as needed basis
• Technical degree or equivalent work experience.
Required Years and Area of Experience:
• Minimum of 10 years experience in the Telephony and CATV industries or an equivalent technical training/support field.
Required Skills:(These are skills that candidates MUST possess)
1. Proficient at installing Hardline and Drop Coaxial connector products
2. Possess a driver’s license and be insurable.
3. Computer literate.
4. Work independently with little or no supervision.
5. Interface and communicate effectively with all levels of personnel, internal and external to the company.
6. Prioritize multiple tasks and manage to completion.
7. Take ownership of tasks and projects and manage to completion on time, every time – both short- and long-term projects.
Desired Skills((These are skills that would be nice for candidates to possess)
1. Ability to speak Spanish or other languages
2. Willing to travel both domestically and internationally
3. Proficient in Work and Excel
Manager Must Haves:
• 10 years’ experience in a cable television construction or network management position
• Proficient at installing Hardline and Drop Coaxial connector products
• Computer literate- proficient with MS Excel and Word
• Interface and communicate effectively with all levels of personnel, internal and external to the company.
• Work independently with little or no supervision.
• Prioritize multiple tasks and manage to completion. Take ownership of tasks and projects and manage to completion on time, every time – both short- and long-term projects.