Job Title: Electrical Engineer
Travel Requirements: 15-25% between Wilmington and Concord facility
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time: Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm normally, 8-10 hours/day; 40-50 hours/week.
Scope of Position:
Position will serve as an electrical controls resource for Division Engineering based in Concord, NC facility. Main responsibility is to function as electrical lead on project to redesign and add functionality to existing manufacturing equipment.
• Specify components (i.e. heaters, pumps, pressure and flow measurement devices) and integrate into existing system controls infrastructure
• Obtain quotes and order components
• Revise equipment drawings
• Oversee assembly of prototype system with some opportunity for hands on work
• Debug and resolve issues on system commissioning
• Work closely with cross functional engineering team including IT, process and mechanical engineers
• Update equipment documentation at the completion of project
Notes from the hiring manager: Main focus on resumes should be hands on experience with electrical component troubleshooting and design. We do not need someone who has a lot of PLC programming background, more so someone who has experience with electrical components. Another important aspect is AutoCAD experience.
• BS in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering degree with applicable co-op and/or internship experience.
Required Years and Area of Experience: 2+ years minimum
• Experience integrating field devices for flow control, material handling and metering, motion control, temperature control, and associated safety systems into an overall controls package enabling a fully-functional equipment platform.
• Familiar with electrical system design including control panel layouts, component selection, and schematics.
• Knowledge of closed loop control systems and PID tuning.
• Sound understanding of AC/DC electrical theory, and practical application thereof
• Experienced in electrical system troubleshooting including low and medium voltage systems, PLCs, temperature controls safety systems, etc
• Basic PLC controls knowledge (example: Beckhoff, Allen-Bradley, Siemens, etc.)
• Ability to generate and interpret electrical drawings using AutoCAD
• Experience with mechanical system troubleshooting including pneumatic controls, flow control, material handling, etc.)
• Working knowledge of data analysis techniques using Microsoft Excel, Pi and Access
• Knowledge of ANSI standards, NFPA and NEC applicable Electrical Codes
Soft Skills (Communication/Team/Leadership):
• Works well in a team environment, is a “self-starter” and “results oriented”.
• Acts and makes decisions in the best interest of the team.
• Complies with all policies and procedures of the plant.
• Works well with other disciplines (IT, mechanical, and process engineering) to fully understand manufacturing system functionality and design requirements.
• Experience working in a manufacturing floor or construction environment, with a strong focus on job site safety. Proactive regarding safety. Seeks to identify and correct potential safety or environmental issues before they occur.