Automation Equipment Technician
Schedule: 11 PM - 7 AM M-F (weekend and OT as needed 40-60 hrs/week)
Scope of Position: To provide both preventative maintenance and repair for manufacturing equipment used in the Connector Automation department.
• An excellent opportunity to develop in one of Company Incorporated's key engineering organizations supporting deployment of new, innovative and challenging technologies.
• Member of Forming design team responsible for the detailed design of Display Technologies Fusion Draw Process Equipment. This includes design support for repairs, expansions and technology improvements to the existing platforms.
• Project support for the key initiatives for the division. Focus will be on implementation of robust, cost effective process machine systems in Company's manufacturing plants
This position includes significant duties such as:
• Troubleshooting of electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic processes of both automation and manual equipment in order to support production needs.
• Determining the quantities and capabilities of materials needed and the cost for the repairs, upgrades, and modifications of the equipment.
• Performing basic operation processes for all equipment used in production.
• Using drawings sketches, specs, charts and tables to locate machinery, determine requirements, machine moving requirements, identify spare and repair parts, determine preventative maintenance schedules, determine machine capabilities and optimize them.
• Assisting Mfg. Engineering with the layout of equipment and installation of necessary utilities.
• Prioritizing preventative maintenance and repair on all mfg. equipment.
• Identifying issues and reacting appropriately, including bringing long-term downtime or urgent quality issues to the Supervisor and Engineer’s attention.
• Using computers to communicate with software PLC’s and other programs needed to troubleshoot or operate equipment to the proper industrial standards.
• Working independently or as a team member to perform minor equipment improvement projects to reduce downtime, improve quality and overall reduce costs for the operation of the equipment.
• Maintaining inventory counts for spare parts
• 5+years of experience in a manufacturing environment with proven skills in mechanical and/or electrical troubleshooting
• Able to work in a team environment
• Able to successfully complete special projects with little or no supervision
• Able to communicate in English both written and verbal
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Current enrollment or Technical degree is a plus