Remote position - can be located anywhere. Anticipating working about 25 hours/week.
Looking for an experienced project finance attorney with at least 4 years of experience in the practice area to help develop online legal products for transactional attorneys. The attorney must have experience in drafting, reviewing and negotiating loan, security and related project documentation for various types of projects. The attorney will review, edit and create content for the product, and assist in the evaluation of relevant treatises, cases, codes and legal analysis for inclusion in the product. This position will be on a contract basis.
• Develop form finance, security and other project documentation for project financings (including power, wind/solar/renewable energy projects, public private partnership transactions, etc.).
• Must have extensive experience reviewing, drafting and negotiating all types project documents including
o Financing documents (term sheets, funding agreements, equity contribution agreements and intercreditor agreements)
o Security documents (security agreements, pledge agreements, mortgages/deeds of trust, direct agreements)
o Project documents (EPC contracts, government concession agreements, operation & maintenance contracts, purchase agreements, off-take contracts, host country agreements, real property agreements)
o Organizational documents of the project company/holding company
• Draft and/or review and edit practical guidance and emerging issue articles related to project finance and other relevant topics.
• Strong knowledge of recent trends and developments in the project financing market.
• Review and edit summaries of relevant treatises, cases, codes and legal analysis.
• Conduct legal research and further legal analysis of selected project finance topics.
• Law degree from an accredited law school
• 4+ years of experience in the project finance practice area
• Substantive experience advising lenders, borrowers and other parties in project finance transactions
• Ability to think critically and annotate provisions in loan, security and other related project (or review and revise such annotations)
• Excellent drafting, editing, analysis and writing skills
• Effective written communication skills
• Ability to complete assigned projects by prescribed deadlines
• Must be organized, self-motivated and able to work in a detail-oriented environment