Under general supervision, designs, creates, implements, and maintains moderately complex Oracle databases. Responsible for the quality control and auditing of databases to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data. Works with management to develop database strategies to support organizational requirements. Consults with and advises users on access to various databases. Works directly with users to resolve data conflicts and inappropriate data usage. Directs the maintenance and use of the corporate data dictionary. Competent to work on most phases of database administration, but may require some instruction and guidance in other phases.
1. Using Oracle or equivalent languages, coordinates the use of data available through a computerized system.
2. Does installation, configuration and performance tuning of Oracle indexes, and databases.
3. Performs the migration of production databases to new environments.
4. Performs quality control audits to ensure accuracy, completeness, and proper usage of data in tables and various support tools, such as data dictionaries.
5. Reviews database design and integration of systems, including client/servers, mainframes, etc., and makes recommendations regarding enhancements and/or improvements.
6. May establish and maintain security and integrity controls.
7. Maintains written platform DBA documentation for the current and planned computer platforms, including “lessons learned” information.
8. May develop stored procedures and/or triggers.
9. Contributes to the development of policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management, and monitors transaction activity and utilization.
10. Prepares and/or reviews activity, progress, and performance reports.
11. Develop software for web, database and work collaboration application on commercial networks
12. Develop and maintain software modules of web, database, and work collaboration applications in support of authorized software and automation systems
13. Responsible for problem escalation as appropriate
14. Responsible for improvement and maintenance of the databases to include rollouts and upgrades
15. Responsible to implement and release database changes as submitted by the development team and approved by the Change Management Board.
16. Additional duties as required.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Personal computer, servers, Database Software, printers, network equipment and other general office equipment
Works in a general office environment.
Must be able to lift/push/pull 25 lbs.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
High School with 4-5 years experience OR Associates with 1 year experience
This position requires DoDI 8570.01-M IAT Level II certification and corresponding Computing Environment certification. Must have at least one of the following: MCITP Database Administrator: SQL Server 2008, CDMP; MCITP Server Administrator: Windows Server 2008, MCITP Enterprise Administrator: Windows Server 2008, MCITP Virtualization Administrator Windows Server 2008 R2, MCSA SQL Server 2012, MCSE Data Platform 2012, MCSE Business Intelligence 2012, MCSA Windows Server 2008, MCSA Windows Server 2012, MCSE Desktop Infrastructure 2012, MCSE Server Infrastructure 2012, MCSE Private Cloud 2012, Server+, VCP 4, VCP 5.
HS + 4-5 OR AS + 1 year experience as a Database Administrator. 3-5 years experience developing and maintaining database servers in a Microsoft or Oracle environment (Server 2003, SharePoint 2007, InfoPath 2007, Visual Studio 2005, SQL Server 2005 or newer)
1-3 years database administration experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or newer
Experience with Oracle Database tools. Ability to conduct database performance audits, pre-implementation design reviews, analysis of application performance problems, flexibility for optimal use of software features and maintenance activities validating proper Database Administrator (DBA) maintenance procedures. Ability to work with a team to ensure associated hardware resources allocated to databases and ensure high availability of optimum performance. Proactively monitor systems to ensure secure service with minimum downtime. Strong ability to analyze trends with systems to enhance the service management team and enable them to make informed decisions regarding resource management.
Interim Secret Clearances are acceptable for these positions.
The DBA will handle Oracle versions 184.108.40.206 through current version of 12.
Telecommuting is acceptable, but some time on site in Portland will be needed for onboarding. The travel cost will be reimbursed, but is not a factor in the evaluation of the proposed staff.
1. What is the estimated duration you need each contractor?
January 20th however I had a conversation with my customer and if the candidate works out the project will continue thru June 2018.
2. It says candidates can work remote, but do the candidates need to live in any particular part of the country?
No, the position will require initial training 2-4 weeks in Portland Oregon