TECHNICAL FIELD SUPPORT SPECIALIST
JOB IS LOCATED IN THE Phoenix, AZ AREA
Candidates must live within a 4 hour drive of Phoenix, AZ .
This will be a direct conversion, the hiring manager will convert before the worker starts on contract. This is a long term need with no anticipated end date.
Please note this position is considered part-time and therefore candidates will not get compnay benefits when they are hired direct by company. This is strictly an hourly position that will be direct hire, but without benefits. Please be sure to convey this to prospective candidates to make sure they understand.
•Position may require up to 50% travel within the lower 48 states (mostly within the assigned support region).
•Some international travel may be required (typically Canada, Australia or Caribbean)
Hours of Work/ Work Schedule:
•Working hours will vary widely depending on the given assignment.
•Work week can vary in hours (0-65 hours) depending on support demands
•Work schedule is managed by the TFS Supervisor and will vary week to week depending on support demands received from Sales, Marketing, Project Services, Application Engineering and PLM.
•Hours are not guaranteed week to week, but typical hours for this position have been ranging from 24-30 hours/week.
•Willingness to travel outside of the Phoenix, AZ area will increase the opportunity for additional hours.
Purpose of Position:
Technical Field Support Specialist are assigned to specific areas of the country and provide; before, during and after the sale product training; support new product launches; provide in the field product support and the gathering of competitive information in the support of Company Optical Communications’ Sales, Marketing and PLM groups while promoting Quality policies for all customers of company Optical Communications.
•Provide after the sale training and field support of company Optical Communications’ products.
•Provide support to company Optical Communications’ Sales during new product launches.
•Actively pursue competitive information and report back to Sales, Marketing and PLM.
•Document product usage and trends observed at customer locations.
•Support field trials during product launches and field trial evaluations.
•Support Field Sales at Sales presentations and at trade shows as required.
•Adhere to budgetary constraints / guidelines and document all expenses.
•Provide structured product training to customers in a small classroom type environment.
•Exemplify the Quality Policies of Company Optical Communications to all internal and external customers.
• Good Communication and Presentation skills critical. Must be comfortable presenting to classes of 6 to 50 students.
• Possess a good understanding of testing with both the OTDR and Attenuation test sets. Fiber system certifying and troubleshooting.
• Possess a good understanding of all cable termination methods including Epoxy Polish, Mechanical and Factor installed connectors.
• Possess a good understanding and hands on experience of Single fiber and Multiple fiber fusion splicing.
• Detailed knowledge of Fiber Optic Cable and Hardware designs and best applications of each.
• Must have good eye sight, able to distinguish colors and work with fine strands of fiber (smaller than a human hair).
• Knowledge of Inside/Outside Plant system builds and installation techniques (Aerial, Duct/Buried).
• This position must have fiber optic experience; knowledge of fiber optic terminology and hands on experience with fiber optic cable and hardware.
• Candidate must be prepared to demonstrate his hands on abilities with any of the requirements mentioned as part of the interview process.
Additional Requirements and Desired Skills:
•Possess a valid driver’s license.
•Must be able to obtain a U.S. Passport.
•Must be able to pass a background check, drug screening and driving record check.
•Fluent in English (verbal and written) required.
•Computer literate with Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, Outlook.
•Work independently with little or no supervision.
•Ability to interface and communicate effectively with personnel with varied knowledge levels and responsibilities both internal and external to the company.
•When on assignment be able to Multi-Task and Prioritize task as required.
•Take ownership of tasks and projects and manage them to completion on time.
•Work effectively as a team member, leader and facilitator.
•Experienced traveler familiar with booking reservations; flights, hotels, rental cars.
•Technical certifications specifically in the telecommunications industry.
•Knowledgeable in general construction practices and planning procedures.
•Knowledgeable in Company Optical Communications’ products a plus.
•Ability to speak conversational Spanish a plus.
•Minimum of 5 years of experience specifically with Fiber Optics. Looking for hands-on experience in splicing, terminating, testing, connectors, etc. 2 year Technical degree a plus, but not required.