Installation and Support of WebSphere MQ for various unfunded/ non project / maintenance efforts like BOB Upgrade, S1 Trade Manager EOS, US-STP Rules Engine (DRIOT), NWS, Mainframe Decommission study etc..
Tasks will be performed while working with current compnay MQ administers, UNIX SAs, DBAs and Security Admins.
1. Multiple Installations of WebSphere MQ Ver. 7.5 or 8.0
2. Installation of related tools, support pacs, scripts, etc
3. Build WebSphere MQ Queue Managers per company standards
4. Configure and secure said Queue Managers per Company standards
5. Verification of installation and configuration
6. Configure queues and channels on new Queue Managers and associated existing Queue Managers per application requirements in accordance with Company standards.
7. Configure Bank’s Message Broker per Middleware/ESB developers standards to communicate on Related Projects
8. Setup Monitoring and alerting for new Queue Managers and associated Queue Managers
9. Development and documentation of Operational procedures (including scripts) as necessary to support day to day processing.
10. Provide general guidance and best practices as appropriate to Company MQ Administrators and application developers
11. Support application testing requirements including, but not limited to:
a. POC development and testing support including basic MQ coding guidance and trouble shooting
b. Testing with internal applications
c. Testing with HO (Home Office) Queue Managers and if appropriate BESS
d. Component Failure and Disaster Recovery testing
e. Performance and Stress testing
f. Clearing of Queues, monitoring processing, or providing status as requested by application
g. Researching ‘MQ’ problems like “where is my message,” security issues, and connectivity issues.
h. Trouble shooting including working with IBM to resolve issues
i. Definition of JMS Binding files if necessary
j. Support of Migration tests, Dress Rehearsals