Interview Process: Telephone Interview – F2F Mandatory
Detail Job Description:
Senior Software Developer – member of software development team for Multimedia, Web and Mobile technologies. Requires knowledge and development experience of existing and emerging Web and Cloud based Services (XML, REST) with the ability to rapidly code and prototype systems in a demanding fast paced multimedia environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Will work with management, developers and operations staff on projects related to technology and architecture of digital media systems including identifying and implementing products and services for Web based delivery.
• Must be a creative thinker and self starter, able to identify solutions and quickly prototype proof of concept. Will be expected to quickly understand and embrace new technologies.
• Required both high and low level responsibilities including coding for prototype and production systems.
• Requires hands-on support for production systems and upgrades, which often occur outside normal business hours.
Requirements and General Skills:
• Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast paced environment.
• Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
• Experience in Java, HTML, XML and Java Script essential. Scala and SPARK programing strongly preferred.
• Must have 2+ years’ experience with Search and Content Recommendation services (e.g. SOLR, SPARK, Hadoop). Understanding of Search and Recommendation service features including structuring recommendations and how to tune and optimize them.
• Must have 2+ years experience with REST or Web Services API development. Demonstrated competence in full life cycle management of REST or Web Service APIs including specification and system deployment. Familiarity with API authoring and frameworks tools preferred.
• Practical experience on architecture and deployment of software components into cloud based infrastructures, e.g. Amazon Web Services. Experience with cloud management services, caching, scale-out and use of cloud APIs essential.
• Familiarity Practical experience with Voice Services /AI a strong plus
• 2+ year experience with Social Media API level interactions. Familiarity with contemporary social media site access and social graph navigation a plus.
• Must have demonstrated track record of rapid prototyping of system components as part of new system architecture. Experience with prototyping scripting languages e.g. Python preferred.
• Development experience in B2B application infrastructure including organizing large data sets, NoSQL, XML, XSD, XSLT, encryption and authentication.
• Must have experience in developing and supporting live 24x7 production and mission critical applications.
• Experience in Postgres development and architecture including Stored Procedures and Replication Methodologies. MySQL/MSSQL development a plus.
• An in-depth understanding of TCP/IP, UDP including multicast, and SNMP protocol a plus.
• Familiarity with Intelli-J IDE considered a plus.
• Previous Broadcast experience considered a plus.
Education: MS Computer Science or EE
Years of relevant experience: 10+ Years of software development and architecture