- Full accountability for the accounting, reporting and analysis of assigned functional area for compnay's Corporate Business Units including but not limited to the preparation, analyzes and review of income, balance sheet and cash flow statements, various other accounting, reports and work papers.
- Analyze financial statement results and prepares performance actual to actuals variance analysis/explanations on P/L & B/S accounts according to company policy and practices.
- Analyze and make recommendations relative to accounting under Generally Accepted Accounting Principles relative to the areas of responsibility.
- Ensure accuracy of financial statements and technical compliance to US GAAP, Internal Controls and company policy by review, verification, and analysis.
- Participates in guiding the monthly close process towards complete accuracy. Through analysis and collaboration with business units, understands business requirements and/or operational issues that may impact the financial statement and incorporates them as appropriate.
- Analyzes and processes journal entry requests with adequate support to comply with internal controls.
- Analyzes balance sheet accounts to ensure all items are clearly identified, aged and have support to stand on their own.
- Performs key account analysis and/or prepares account reconciliations.
- Conducts and completes special studies and develops or recommends accounting analysis/reporting methods and procedures.
- Performs more complex analysis on accounting issues as needed.
- Compiles data and works with Business Units to create financial statements and schedules to be included in quarterly and annual audited financial statements.
- Support the US Bureau of Economic Analysis reporting requirements.
- Provides technical expertise for accounting matters.
- Identifies and helps develop process improvements to increase efficiency and effectiveness of current activities.
- Performs and analyzes special projects on an assigned basis.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required
- CPA preferred
- Two to four years of relevant reporting experience required. Experience with Big Four accounting firms preferred.
- Experience in analyzing, auditing and/or compiling financial information for financial statements
- Strong technical accounting experience required.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft and Magnitude a big plus.
- *Proven analytical and problem solving skills.
- HEAVY REPORTING EXPERIENCE IS A MUST
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed