Job Title: IT Control/Systems Engineer
Normal Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm. Off hours will be on a rotational basis once every 5-6 weeks.
• This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining software associated with at least one or more manufacturing process step in the Wilmington Optical Fiber manufacturing plant.
• In this capacity, he/she will work closely with engineering and operations teams in the plant to implement improvements in this process area.
• Work on projects with focus on maintenance of business or lean manufacturing and meet project’s objectives within given project timeline.
• Support and develop manufacturing process control systems and manufacturing execution system (MES).
• Assist team of engineers to provide production support and troubleshooting for 24/7 manufacturing operation.
• Work with production associates, technicians, and engineers to ensure reliable equipment operation via automated control systems and user interfaces.
• Support process and product optimization/improvement efforts. Develop plans for innovative solutions to technical problems and follow through to implementation.
• Provide training for engineers and/or production associates as needed for new processes, equipment, or control systems.
• Serve on weekend production support team approximately once every 5-6 weeks.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
• B.S. Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
Years Of Experience:
• 5+ years of combined experience in IT.
• Strong computer programming skills – Visual Basic 6, VB.Net, iFIX/SCADA (or any industrial Automation system)
• Knowledge and/or Experience working on MES - FactoryWorks or Camstar ( or any Manufacturing Execution System)
• Ability/Experience integrating computers into manufacturing processes to increase efficiencies and lower cost.
• Ability/experience troubleshooting simple low voltage electrical circuitry.
• Knowledge/experience of relational databases (Oracle and/or Microsoft SQL Server), MSMQ and XML
• Willing to be on off hours call on a rotational basis.
• Able to work in a team-oriented environment
• Able to communicate well with engineers, production associates, and managers
• Ability to multi-task
Managers Must Have:
• Visual Basic 6 (or VB.Net)
• IFIX/SCADA (or any industrial automation system)
• MES knowledge/experience
• Most of the time in office but will also have to go to manufacturing floor for software installation, troubleshooting and testing. (75% - Office; 25%- manufacturing floor)