Job title: Production Shift Technician
Hours of Work/Schedule/Flex Time: 12 hr. Rotating shifts, some overtime required. Contractor will swing between day and night shift (7am-7pm and 7pm-7am). 4-6 weeks on day shift for training.
Purpose of the Position: Provides first, second and third level troubleshooting of equipment/process issues in the department. Works hands-on with manufacturing equipment and activities. Identifies and supports process improvements. Uses judgment, experience and initiative to resolve problems and make recommendations.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Provide first, second and third level troubleshooting of equipment/process issues on 12-hr rotating shifts
• Receive training from engineering in technical SME (Subject Matter Expert) areas, on new processes/equipment and/or on procedural changes
• Serve as a SME in specific technical areas to minimize engineering production support requirements
• Develop/maintain a system to keep production teams current on process, equipment and procedures
• Work with support groups and production teams to coordinate and direct equipment start-up, repair, troubleshooting, and process changes
• Preventive Maintenance support
• Help department achieve safety and Lean goals
• Receive training in new processes/equipment and/or procedure changes from engineering
• Provide technical training for associates
Education & Experience: Two year electrical/mechanical technical degree preferred (Will consider experienced candidates with demonstrated skills).
No Degree - 10+ years of work experience.
2 year degree - 5+ years of work experience.
4 year degree - 3+ years of experience.
• Good process and equipment troubleshooting skills
• Mechanically and Electrically inclined (aptitude for both)
• Ability to handle/prioritize multiple tasks as necessary
• Good written and verbal communication skills (detailed oriented)
• Ability to train effectively
• PC proficient (Excel, Word, SharePoint, Passdown)
• Willing to act as a motivator and role model for the shift
• Controlled response in emergency situations
• Capable of using Diagnostic equipment
• Basic understanding of PLC
• PC – Data Analysis (PI, etc.)
• Electrical test equipment