Scope of Position (i.e. projects involved with and role within group):
Developing new applications for Gorilla® Glass requires extensive characterization of the mechanical, chemical, optical and environmental performance of the base Gorilla® Glass, as well as the glass in its final product configuration. In the auto glazing application, this can include regulatory (safety) testing, mechanical testing, thermal effect testing, lamination and decoration on glass testing and optical testing. These tests must be performed in a manner which is consistent with industry standards and customer expectations. Auto Interior applications have similar needs.
The test technician will be responsible for conducting various mechanical, chemical, optical, and acoustic tests to ensure adherence to customer requirements, enable certification per industry standards and generating product performance results in the accelerated timeline needed for new product launches.
Travel Requirements (please note if international): Travel is expected to be ≤ 20%. This would be a combination of domestic and international travel. International travel would include most commonly East Asia and Europe.
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time: 40 hours per week. Flex-time is acceptable with core working hours from 9 AM to 4 PM.
Required Skills (These are skills that candidates MUST possess)
1. Hands on ability to work with mechanical, chemical, optical measurements, and acoustic test bench equipment.
2. Computer and data analysis skills with experience in Microsoft Excel and Minitab desired.
3. Possess strong work ethic and attention to detail.
4. Interpersonal and communication skills – collaborates with others in team based environment.
Desired Skills (These are skills that would be nice for candidates to possess)
1. Previous testing and professional experience.
2. Proficiency in advanced data analysis tools such Minitab and/or Excel.
3. Experience or familiarity with glass processing and automotive applications and requirements.
Education and Experience (minimum required for consideration)
Bachelors of Science in Engineering, Chemistry, Materials Science or Physics desired.
Minimum of Associates degree in a technical discipline (preferred mechanical, chemistry) with 0 to 2 years’ experience.
Desired: Previous experience in a test technician role or laboratory environment.
Soft Skills (Communication/Team/Leadership).
1. Ability to handle time critical tasks and requests.
2. Prioritization and Multi-tasking.
3. Work effectively in a dynamic environment where tasks and priorities can change frequently.