Scope of Position
Provide technical leadership for projects requiring network implementation or upgrade. Design and implement LAN, WAN, and Wireless networks within the Company infrastructure.
• Design, configure, and deploy network (LAN/WAN/Wireless LAN) infrastructure across company sites
• Define, document, and enforce templates and standards for deployment and support of network infrastructure.
• Produce network design and configuration documentation, and perform knowledge transfer to the Network Engineering team and to the Network Operations team.
• Implement and troubleshoot lightweight and autonomous wireless networks
• Deploy, configure, and troubleshoot firewalls to isolate non-compliant devices on the network.
• Work with the team to complete complex switch and router installations
• Develop comprehensive implementation and test plans following change management guidelines
• Respond to customer requirements and ensure that customer needs are being met by IT.
• Perform packet capture and analysis to baseline network performance and/or troubleshoot performance issues
• Assist with cross-functional project and operational issues that are complex or difficult to resolve. Determine root cause and develop resolution.
• BS in Computer Science /Systems Management/IT Related field
• Core routing and switching design, configuration, and troubleshooting
• Strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware
• Cisco Catalyst and Nexus switches
• Cisco Routers
• Cisco ASA
• Routing Protocols: OSPF, EIGRP, BGP
• Spanning-tree, VLANs, Port Channels, Load balancing, SPAN, NAT, ACL
• Cisco wireless communication design and configuration: Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers, ISE, and WAPs
• Tools & Management: Wireshark, Cisco Prime, Cisco Wireless Control System (WCS)
• Authentication: TACACS+, RADIUS
• 5+ years of experience in LAN and Wireless LAN troubleshooting and design.
• Strong experience in WAN and Internet required.
• 5+ years IT experience working across multiple technology areas, with at least 1 year working as a senior engineer or similar technology role.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently and in virtual teams
• Recognized as a technology SME (subject matter expert) in prior position
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient knowledge of switches, routers, firewalls, and all associated protocols.
• Strong Cisco Networking background
• Client Satisfaction
• Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
• Process and detail oriented
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and Visio
• Large Enterprise Environment network design and support experience
• CCNP\CCIE\CCNA Preferred
• Experience with Load Balancers (F5 and RadWare) a plus
• Experience with Palo Alto and Juniper firewalls a plus
• Technical curiosity and interest in technology
• Self-starter and takes ownership for deliverables and deadlines
• Team player
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Effective customer relationship skills
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task