- The Sourcing Lead will provide input and analysis into the new product development sourcing activities of assigned commodities and suppliers. Obtains the best quality, service, and value for products and services through effective bidding, negotiation, and supplier management. The Sourcing Lead will support the implementation of strategies and projects related to cost reduction initiatives, new product development, supply base and sourcing optimization and rationalization, quality improvement, risk assessment, and contract negotiation.
- Specific responsibilities of the Sourcing Lead include, but are not limited to the following:
- Support development and implementation of best in class strategic sourcing strategies for assigned commodities and suppliers in support of overall divisional business objectives
- Perform sourcing analysis and selection process, including financial and non-financial inputs for clear sourcing decisions
- Participates in contract negotiation and development of contract strategy
- Develop strong partnership relationships with key suppliers as well as other disciplines within the businesses; represent the “voice of the supplier” in the organization
- Leads new product launches: supplier selection, requests for quotes and insurance that suppliers are clear on product launch deliverables; collaborate with cross-functional teams for successful launch
- Participate in assuring cost standards are established for annual operating budgets
- Support identification of supply base risk and implementation of mitigation plans including market assessment, supplier financial assessments, social responsibility, environment, ethics, etc.
- Communication key supplier management updates and decisions to multiple levels in the organization
- Collaborate on sourcing strategies across multiple franchises and geographies
- Develop and participate in continuous improvement programs, addressing quality, delivery, service and cost
- A Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Finance, Engineering or related field is required. APICS certification preferred.
- Ideal candidates will also possess the following skills/experiences:
- 3-5 years of experience, with at least 1 year in Supply Management with focus on strategic sourcing, procurement, and supplier development.
- Knowledge and experience in supplier contract strategy negotiations, contractual terms and contract administration.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to plan, organize and implement multiple concurrent tasks.
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively with various business functions.
- Project Management experience preferred.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed